St. Martin is notorious for being one of the most romantic destinations in the Caribbean. Whether you’re planning a destination wedding, honeymoon, anniversary celebration or just want to enjoy a romantic getaway, St. Martin offers such charming adventures and a breath-taking ambiance that will make your trip unforgettable!
Nothing beats saying your nuptials next to the sparkling turquoise ocean under the warm gorgeous sun.
St. Martin is the perfect wedding destination for couples looking to tie the knot in the Tropics.
Whether you are planning a civil ceremony celebrated by the President of the Collectivity, a traditional church wedding or your dream honeymoon, just about anything and everything is possible on the island of St. Martin.
For more information, please click here.
In this guide you will find details of the important steps you need to take in preparation for your special day.
• Civil ceremonies are held exclusively at the Collectivité of St Martin Salles des mariages.
• A letter stipulating the desired date of marriage and the names of the couple-to-be should be sent to the President of the Collectivité at the following address :
Collectivité de Saint-Martin - BP374 - 97054 Saint Martin
Tel. 05 90 87 61 80 / Fax 05 90 29 63 09
• Beforehand of the ceremony the formalities are :
1. Constitution of the wedding file (see list of documents needed below)
2. Registration of the file at the “Service Etat Civil de la Collectivité”
3. Publication of the wedding banns for a period of 10 days
Please note that the ceremony cannot take place before the 10 day publication period.
• French and French : At least one person must be a resident on Saint Martin for at least 1 month prior to the marriage on a continuous basis.
• French and foreigner : At least one person must be a resident on Saint Martin for at least 1 month prior to the marriage on a continuous basis.
• Foreigner and foreigner : Under Article 58 of the 27th of May 2009 which is an amendment of article 74 of the Civil Code, two foreigners who are not residents of mainland France may marry without the requirement that one or other of the couple-to-be is resident on Saint Martin.
Ceremonies may be held 10 days after the date of publication of the marriage banns.
Please present (or send) the following:
1- Photocopies of ID for both parties
2- Full birth certificate issued within the last 3 months (for non-French nationals, it must be issued within the last 6 months and must be accompanied by a French translation). Apostil Stamp required
3- Copy of proof of address (water, electricity or telephone bill)
4- Photocopies of witnesses ID (address and profession)
5- Marriage contract (Contrat de Mariage), if applicable
6- "Certificat de coutume" - for foreigners only, a document stipulating the laws of the country regarding marriage
7- "Certificat de Célibat" - certificate proving celibacy issued within the last 3 months – foreign nationals only
8- Full death certificate of former spouse, widow/widower
9- Full copy of previous marriage certificate with proof of divorce or death, if applicable
10- Authorisation from your superior (if in the military)
Check that you have enclosed all the above documents before sending your file.
If you are not a French citizen, please click here (PDF file) to download the qualities and conditions required to get married in Saint-Martin.
Our wedding planner agencies can organize your wedding to make this event a unique moment!
* Fée des Caraïbes
* Tropical Wedding & Honeymoon (Lucie Davis)
10 Les Hauts de Concordia - Saint Martin
* Charlène Wedding Planner
* Artemia Event Planners
• Massages in spas (Radisson St Martin Resort, le Mercure Marina and Spa, la Samanna, Marquis Hotel Resort and Spa)
• Walks and Yoga sessions at Lottery Farm
• Relaxing and swimming at the beach
• Shopping in Marigot and Philipsburg
• Colors and savours of Marigot market place
• Butterfly farm, a colorful delight for your eyes
• Horse back riding at sunset
• Romantic dining on the beach
• Catamaran excursion to Tintamarre Island
• Awakening of your taste buds in Grand Case
Find some good hotels deals for your honeymoon in our special topic : Hotel deals