St. Martin's specialty : pineapple cake
An easy recipe ! Enjoy !
• A can of pineapple slices
• 15 pieces of sugar for the caramel syrup
• 2 eggs
• 100g caster sugar
• 100g butter
• 100g flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 small glass of rum
• Cinnamon, nutmeg
• Optional: cherries to fill the gaps between the pineapple slices
• In a small saucepan, prepare the caramel syrup with 15 sugar cubes soaked in water (1/4 cup of water). When golden brown, caramelize a cake pan.
• Drain the pineapple slices and arrange on the bottom of the pan on the caramel. Halve the remaining slices and apply them on the mold sides add cherries to fill the holes of pineapple slices.
• In a bowl, work the butter with a wooden spoon to make it creamy, add the sugar, mix well then add the eggs, one after the other. Add rum.
• Mix the yeast with the flour and add to the mixture.
• Pour this mixture into the mold and bake in a moderate oven 30 minutes.
• The cake is done when pricked with a knife blade, it comes out dry.
• Unmold the cake is still hot.